Kayak the Bay is one of the best ways to take in the Lake Erie sights available. Grab your paddle and sit back and enjoy countless points of interest on your tour. Guest will start off kayaking the limestone cliffs of Gibraltar Island and then getting up close and personal with the Needle’s Eye. Next, guests will make their way to one of the most iconic homes on the island. Towering over the jagged cliffs is the famous Benson Ford ship-house. This historic and unique home was recently featured on HGTV’s Most Unusual Homes. Constructed from the superstructure and deck of a salvaged ship this unusual home was originally owned by Henry Ford’s grandson.
If you’re a little anxious and taking on kayaking for the first time, rest assured you’ll be in good hands. Aside from the thorough instructions, you’ll receive upon arrival, there are also countless tutorial videos on their site as well.
Kayak the Bay Details & Offerings
- Sit Inside Kayaks available
- Sit on Top Kayaks available
- Single or Double Seater Kayaks available
- Tubes available
- Equipment and Basic Instructions are included
- Personalized Guided Tours available
- Groups Welcome! (Call ahead for Reservations)
Things to Note:
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult (Although they may still ride in their own kayak)
- Individuals under 18 years of age also need a guardian to sign a release form
- Open weather permitting (Will close if inclement weather) – Call for updates
- Storage and dry bags available for your gear
- Parking available for cars, bikes, and golf carts
Kayak the Bay Rates
1 Hour: $25.00 Per Person (You get your 2nd hour free!)
Beyond 2 Hours: $10.00 Per Person, Per Hour
Hours of Operation
Memorial Day – August 31 – Open 7 Days a Week – 10:oo AM – Until We Leave (Varies with Sunset/other conditions. Last rental in by 8:00pm)
September – 12:00pm – 6:00pm Monday thru Friday
10:00am – 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Kayak the Bay Contact Information:
771-859 Bayview Avenue, Put-in-Bay, OH 43456
Before heading out: Be sure to also grab your Bay Bucks Coupon Book so you can get some great discounts on area attractions including Kayak the Bay, as well as area restaurants and lodging. You can order your book online and get it in the mail before beginning your Put-in-Bay vacation, or download it electronically as soon as your purchase is made.
No reviews were found.